The popular Nissan Rogue is projected to become Nissan's top selling vehicle in the U.S. in 2017. It receives extensive enhancements for the new model year – creating the most efficient, convenient and confidence-inspiring Rogue ever.
The major revisions to the 2nd generation Rogue are led by updated styling, convenience, technology and safety features. In addition, a new Rogue Hybrid, the first-ever hybrid powertrain for Rogue, joins the lineup by the end of 2016 (see below for details).
Updated 2017 Rogue features include:
- A new, dynamic front end design with Nissan signature design cues, available Motion-Activated Liftgate
- New available Safety Shield technologies, including Intelligent Cruise Control and Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection
- Interior enhancements include a new D-shaped steering wheel and leather-booted sport-mode shifter, available heated steering wheel, memory for driver's seats and mirror, and remote engine start
- Enhanced interior materials and design features include new door and instrument panel finishers, new shift knob design, revised center console and console lid and new seat fabric
- Also new is a Platinum Reserve Interior Package highlighted by premium tan leather-appointed seats with special quilted leather inserts (Rogue SL models only)
- Three new packages are now offered – Sun and Sound Touring, Platinum and Platinum Reserve Interior
- Previously available optional equipment packages – Family Package with 3rd row seating, Appearance Package and Premium Package – have been revised with new content
The 2017 Rogue is offered in three well-equipped gasoline engine-equipped grade levels, S, SV and SL – featuring a 2.5-liter DOHC 16-valve inline 4-cylinder rated at 170 horsepower and 175 lb-ft of torque. An advanced Xtronic transmission is standard on all models.
Available 2017 Rogue technology features include: NissanConnectSM with Navigation, Mobile Apps, and Services, with 7.0-inch color touch-screen display, Nissan Voice Recognition for navigation and audio, SiriusXM® Travel Link and SiriusXM® Traffic (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately), Around View® Monitor with Moving Object Detection (MOD), radar-based Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and the new-for-2017 Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) and Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection.
The 2017 Rogue is scheduled to go on sale at Nissan dealers nationwide in November.