The all-new 2017 Armada is built on the heritage of the Nissan Patrol, which has been a workhorse for the world for many decades. While it is intended primarily for family adventures, Armada remains true to its roots as a strong, durable and authentic full-size, 8-passenger SUV.
Key distinctions between the 2017 Armada and the previous generation include a fresh exterior design, enhanced performance from a new 5.6-liter Endurance® V8 with best-in-class* 390-horsepower and new 7-speed automatic transmission, a comfortable full-feature cabin and class-exclusive* available safety and security features – including Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW), Blind Spot Intervention (BSI), Backup Collision Intervention (BCI) and Around View® Monitor (AVM) with Moving Object Detection (MOD).
The new Armada is available in a range of three high-content grade levels – SV, SL and Platinum – in both 2-wheel and 4-wheel drive configurations.
Key changes for 2017 include:
- Rugged body-on-frame construction, with the side frame rails of the fully boxed ladder frame expanded from 60-millimeter width to 100-millimeter
- The all-new body design offers a 20 percent increase (over the prior model year) in twisted body stiffness, helping enhance handling and ride comfort
- Maintaining its full 8-passenger utility, overall length is now 1.2 inches longer on a slightly shorter wheelbase, remaining 4.9 inches longer than Armada's major competitor
- The body features an aggressive stance with bold V-motion front grille and standard LED low-beam headlights and signature LED Daytime Running Lights – maintaining the previous generation's rugged, athletic image but with added contemporary style
- In the rear, bold combination lights include LED taillights. The outside rearview mirrors feature a hospitality lighting system, which turns on the puddle lights as the driver approaches the Armada, then turns the cabin lights on when the lock is released
- The roomy Armada interior offers 2nd row headroom of 40.0 inches and 2nd row legroom of 39.0 inches
- "Library level" interior noise levels (at idle) are achieved through the use of acoustic glass on the windshield and the front side windows, as well as expanded use of sound absorption materials
- Standard features include Nissan Navigation with NavTraffic and NavWeather information (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately) and 8.0-inch color display, heated front seats and 13-speaker Bose® audio system
- Available power-sliding moonroof, front climate controlled seats and Family Entertainment System
- Standard Dual-Zone Automatic Temperature Control system, 2nd row heated seats and climate-controlled (heating and cooling) front seats are standard on the Platinum grade
- Available remote engine start system**, power 60/40 3rd row seat, power liftgate, 20-inch wheels and tires
- New Endurance 5.6-liter V8, which offers an increase in horsepower to 390 from the previous 317, thanks in part to the addition of Direct Injection Gas (DIG™) system, an 11.2:1 compression ratio (previously 9.8:1), new piston design and a Multi Control Valve (MCV)
- The engine also incorporates Nissan's advanced VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) technology, which combines hydraulic-controlled variable valve timing and electronically controlled variable valve lift on the intake and exhaust sides to provide high performance and crisp response
- New advanced 7-speed automatic transmission with Adaptive Shift Control and Downshift Rev Matching, which replaces the previous 5-speed automatic
- Standard towing capacity of 8,500 pounds for both 4WD and 2WD models (when properly equipped)
- Extensive suite of available advanced safety and security systems includes available Predictive Forward Collision Warning (PFCW) system, Forward Emergency Braking (FEB), Lane Departure Prevention (LDP) and Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Other available systems include Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC), Distance Control Assist (DCA), Blind Spot Intervention (BSI) and Blind Spot Warning (BSW), RearView Monitor and Around View® Monitor (AVM)
The 2017 Armada is on sale now at Nissan dealers nationwide.